Thursday, April 16, 2009

Top 10: Washington D.C.

10. Animals - Grant's love of animals is unparalleled. I have 15 pictures of a National Mall squirrel
9. Korean War Memorial - My personal favorite war memorial. I had to add it to the list
8. Wailing in line at the National Archives - We had to wait 1.5 hours to get into the National Archives (home of the US Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence). To pass the time we played all kinds of games. The people around us were very entertained
7. Air & Space Museum - Off course I had to include this. I stood around the Space Shuttle exhibit in case anyone had questions. No bites
6. Botanical Gardens - Beautiful place to go on a rainy day
5. Union Station food court - Grant's favorite. There were several Asian restaurants that would give out free samples
4. Washington in Bloom - Cherry tree blossoms, tulips and lots of flowers I didn't recognize but it was beautiful
3. Games - We played name that tune, raced up and down the escalators, paper/rock/scissors and cross the street with Grant (Grant is very fast. To follow him you take a chance. You might make it across before hit by a car and you might not)
2. Pentagon - Bobby McCaleb, a Colonel in the US Army, took us on a tour of the Pentagon (Bobby and I are from the same home town). It was AWESOME!! Pentagon tours aren't available to the general public. You can only be taken in by someone who works there. It was by far the coolest thing we did.
1. Tour de Pentagon - Did I mention our tour to the Pentagon? It was so good, I had to mention it twice

No comments: