Friday, August 20, 2010

The Big Green Monster

What on earth is the Big Green Monster? I saw this phrase all over the place. On t-shirts. Signs. What does that have to do with Boston? Let me tell you a tale.


Tonight, we went to a Red Sox’s game. Grant was excited about seeing Fenway Park and even spent Xan’s nap time today looking for a Red Sox onesie for the game. When we got to our seats at the stadium, Grant points to the outfield and says, “Look, there’s the Green Monster”. I spent several minutes looking for a picture of a monster, or a mascot before asking, “Huh?” Grant finally explained (with a face that said, isn’t it obvious), “It’s the wall”. For all of you that were as confused as me, Fenway Park has a very tall, green wall that makes out of the park homeruns even more difficult to hit. Hence, the Big Green Monster.

Also, I included some pictures of Xan in his Boston Red Sox’s outfit. Grant said I should mention he is also wearing red socks. It’s so CUTE!

No comments: