Friday, August 20, 2010

Constant Vigilance

I will admit that I was nervous about our trip to Boston. Not the vacation itself but the actual travel. Xan had never been on a plane and I didn’t know how it might go.

This is how it went. . . . . . Xan, for the most part, slept on the plane and was in a great mood even though it was almost midnight when we arrived in Boston. I thought we had made it, I could see the hotel from our taxi when Grant looked over at me with a horrified face. He heard a ‘gas’ sound and something from Xan’s diaper sprayed him. Our taxi driver didn’t notice the smell. He was too busy giving us the weirdest parenting advice I’ve ever heard. Grant was quickly trying to clean up the growing puddle in the back seat. Every napkin and burp cloth we had available was saturated. In the end, we escaped from the taxi before the driver realized what happened and both Grant and Xan went straight to the shower.

All in all, it was a successful arrival and made for a funny story.

No comments: